Pathloss User Forums  

Go Back   Pathloss User Forums > Pathloss Forums > Pathloss Users Forum

Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 AM

Default Space diversity installation

Hi ,

The purpose of space diversity is that the main and diversity recieve signals should be out of phase.(uncorrelated)

My question is , In a typical long haul hop ,does the recieve signal in the main and the diversity recievers should be out of phase always ?

if both the main and the diversity recievers are in phase that means there could be an installation problem ? with improper vertical separation ?

from the field results,does anyone has actual results with opposite signal strength in the main and diversity antennas ?

Thanks in advance !
Old 06-02-2009, 04:44 PM

Hi ,
The Uncorelated and Out of phase are different things. Uncorelated refers to the different path i.e the two signals use seperate path to reach from Tx to Rx.
The Main and Diversity should be planned in such a way that the seperation between the Main and SD antennae should be sufficient enough to give a phase shift of 180 degree.
If both Main and SD signals are in Phase the problem is of planning because the planner has not analyze the Main and SD recieve signal on the planning tool.Nevertheless if Planner has planned the link properly but installer has implemented the antennae not as per the planned data then it is foresure Installer mistake.
For a radio with IF combiner the actual results show an improve of 3db in signal strength by using an SD configuration.
Hope it will work.

BR
Imran
Old 06-03-2009, 06:21 AM

Default space diversity

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply,

From an installaion point of view,how can the diversity antenna be installed and aligned ,if it has to be out of phase with the main reciever ?

i mean while aligning the diversity antenna,does the signal strength should be low ? or is it that the alignment voltage is independent of the required phase shift ?

BR//Farees
Old 06-03-2009, 09:00 AM

Smile

The out of phase term is used for the signal i.e the diversity signal is out of phase from the signal achieved on the Main antenna.
The alignment has no thing to do with the phase of the signal. The only thing you have to do is to align the diversity antenna to main lobe of the Main antennae to achieve the alignment voltage. Phase of the signal is only a theoretical concept and it has nothing to do with the implementation.
Hope it will help.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:27 PM

Default thanks

hi Imran,

Thanks for your feedback, cleared my queries !